How to get rid of Chapped Lips / Chopped Lips?
Cracked lips or chapped lips is the word to describe dry lips. Chapped lips can caused by many factor’s such as whether or excessive liking of the lips. Chapped lips may lead to chelitis. Chelitis can caused by cracked skin at the corners of lips or infection.
You can treat with chapped lips with proper treatment and preventive measure. But if your lips continues to dry then you should concern with dermatologist. This article is all about how to get rid of chapped lips.
What causes chapped lips?
Excessive licking of lips
Certain medication of drugs
Smoking and drinking
Skin irritants in toothpaste
Lips don’t have oil glands like other parts of skin. This means lips have more chances of drying and becoming chapped. Low moisture can make the problem more worse. During winter season little amount of humanity can cause chapped lips. Frequent direct sun exposure can also cause chapped lips during summer season.
Risk factors for chapped lips :-
If you have dry skin then there are more chances of getting chapped lips or taking regular medication and supplements. The following medication and supplements are responsible of chapped lips.
- Vitamin A.
- Chemotherapy drugs.
- Less Water level.
How to get rid of chapped lips :-
Here are some home made remedies to get rid of chapped lips. Which you can use in your daily routine.
- Honey And Vaseline for chapped lips:- Cracked lips are most common problem during winters when lips are unable to produce natural oil to moisturize the lips. Honey comes with best natural remedies which provide moisturization and softens your dry lips. Commercial lips balms contain cancer causing chemicals which reduces the moisture holding capacity of lips. So avoid commercial lip balm. You can used easy home made remedies to get rid of chapped lips.
- Wet your lips with warm water.
- Apply honey on lips.
- Leave it for few seconds.
- Now apply Vaseline on the layer of honey.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it with warm water
- Repeat the procedure every day till lips becomes soft.
- Coconut oil for chapped lips:- Coconut oil is one of the favourite to use for chapped lipsyou can used coconut oil for dry lips mainly in cold and dry condition.
- Take virgin coconut oil
- 1-2 drops tea tree oil or neem oil
- Blend the mixture properly
- Apply it for 10 minutes and wash it with water.
- Aloe vera for chapped lips :- Aloe vera has become most important in medical industry. People use aloe vera as herbal medicine which does not have any side effect and is easily available in no cost. aloe vera acts as effective moisturizer for lips.
- Cut the aloe vera leaf and scoop the gel in a container.
- Apply the gel on your lips.
- Leave it on for an hour.
- Wash it with water.
- Repeat the procedure for 1 week.
- Lemon juice for chapped lips:- Lemon juice can also be used for dry lipsonly when you are having problem of lip bleeding wound or deep crack as lemon juice can ignite pain and inflammation. use lemon juice only when lips dryness has just started.
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon of honey and glycerin or castar oil
- Mix all the ingredient and apply it on lips.
- Leave it for over night.
- Wash it with water.
Also Read : Top 10 Most Common Health Problem due to Stress
- Vanilla extract for chapped lips :- Vanilla extract with baking soda can be use as remedy for cracking lips, baking soda acts as Exfloliants, it soother the buring sensation of chapped lips.
- Mix baking soda, sugar and vanilla extract
- Take small amount of solution on your finger tips and rub it on your lips for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it for 15 min and then wash it off.
- Repeat the procedure for seven days.
- Green tea bags:- Green tea has moisturizing capacity, it moisturizes your dry lipsand start the healing process naturally.
- Take green tea bag.
- Wet and apply it and press it on dry lips for 2-3 minutes.
- Apply it twice a day on lips to get rid of chapped lips.
- Milk cream:- Milk contain high amount of fat in it hence it act as natural moisturizer.
- Directly apply milk cream on your dry lips
- Wait for 10-15 minutes
- Wash it with warm water
- Repeat the steps every day to get faster result
- Petrolium jelly for chapped lips:- One of the most economical solution or dry chapped lips Is petrolium jelly. Use honey with petrolium jelly to get good result.
- First apply layer of honey on lips
- Now apply another layer of petrolium jelly on honey.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and remove with warm water
- Repeat the procedure daily
- Cucumbers for chapped lips:- Cucumbers is also called as Natural moisturizer. Which contain nutrients and vitamin that keeps your skin healthy and smooth.
- Take cucumber cut into peaces
- Rub it on dry lips
- Rub it in such a way that it is absorbed by lips
- Continue process for 5- 10 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure daily.
- Rose petals:- You will easily get rose flower in your garden or market. They are one of the most important ingredient for chopped lips this solution not only moisturises the lips but also enhance your pink lips.
- Convert rose flower pieces into paste
- Mix with glycerine or milk cream
- Apply the paste on your chopped lipstwice a day for better result.
- Repeat the producer for a week.
- Glycerin:- Glycerin is available in cheap in market as compared to commercial lip balms. It will moisturizer your skin and make it look good.
- Your can directly apply glycerin on chopped lips.
- Repeat procedure for a week.
Also Read : Best Remedies to Reduce Hair Loss